Job prospects Cabinetmaker in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272) are limited in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cabinetmaker.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be limited for Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272) in Saskatchewan for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Cabinetmakers in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 350 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Cabinetmakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 79%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 92% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 8% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 67% of cabinetmakers work all year, while 33% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 22% of cabinetmakers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Prince Albert Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: