Summary Concrete Finisher in British Columbia
Find key facts and figures about working as a concrete finisher. The following information is applicable to all Concrete finishers (NOC 7282).
Concrete finishers smooth and finish freshly poured concrete, apply curing or surface treatments and install, maintain and restore various masonry structures such as foundations, floors, ceilings, sidewalks, roads, patios and highrise buildings. They are employed by construction companies, cement and concrete contractors and manufacturers of precast concrete products, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job outlook is fair in British Columbia
advertised in British Columbia
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Date modified: