Summary Receptionist in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a receptionist. The following information is applicable to all Receptionists (NOC 1414).
Receptionists greet people arriving at offices, hospitals and other establishments, direct visitors to appropriate person or service, answer and forward telephone calls, take messages, schedule appointments and perform other clerical duties. They are employed by hospitals, medical and dental offices and other offices throughout the public and private sectors. Telephone operators are included in this group.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Obtain and process information required to provide services
- Operate switchboard or telephone system
- Record and relay information
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Date modified: