Job requirements Instructor, First Aid in British Columbia
Find out what you typically need to work as an instructor, first aid in British Columbia. These requirements are applicable to all Other instructors (NOC 4216).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Expertise in the field of instruction must be demonstrated.
- Driving instructors must obtain special licensing as a driving instructor in the province of employment.
- Certification by the Canadian Yachting Association may be required for sailing and navigation instructors.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: