Job prospects Cook near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Cooks near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a cook.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 15,380 people work in this occupation.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 80%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: