Job outlook Sales Supervisor - Retail in Alberta
Job opportunities for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a sales supervisor - retail.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Retail sales supervisors in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 26,600 people work in this occupation.
- Retail sales supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 56%
- Food and beverage stores (NAICS 445): 27%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 82% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 18% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 66% of retail sales supervisors work all year, while 34% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of retail sales supervisors are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Good|
|Red Deer Region||Good|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: