Job prospects Accommodation Services Manager in Yukon
Job opportunities for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) are good in Yukon over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an accommodation services manager.
Job opportunities in Yukon
The employment outlook will be good for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) in Yukon for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Yukon's tourism sector is experiencing growth in a number of key indicators, including direct international border crossings and overnight visitors. Tourism-based occupations are expected to grow as a weaker Canadian dollar attracts more U.S. and international visitors.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation service managers in the Yukon region:
- Approximately 100 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Accommodation service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Tourism & Culture (NAICS 51, 71-72):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 83% compared to 82% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 17% compared to 18% for all occupations
- 48% of accommodation service managers work all year, while 52% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 38% of accommodation service managers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: