Job prospects Accommodation Services Manager in Québec
Job opportunities for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) are good in Québec over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an accommodation services manager.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be good for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) in Québec for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
To access this occupation, the successful completion of certain training programs is an asset that is increasingly appreciated, especially in hotel chains or major accommodation establishments. However, graduates of these programs rarely enter the profession immediately upon completion of their studies. In fact, the hosting experience remains an almost unavoidable condition, as is bilingualism. Employers are looking for candidates with interpersonal skills such as the ability to collaborate and work in a team, as well as personal skills such as a sense of planning, organization and good judgment.
The level of employment in this occupation depends on the trends that influence accommodation services and health care and social assistance services, particularly residential and long-term care centers (CHSLDs). In traveler accommodation services, these trends are related to tourism (including business travel) and, to a lesser extent, the development of the network of small hotel establishments. According to Tourisme Québec data, the occupancy rate of accommodation establishments in Québec increased during the first four months of 2019, which favors this occupation. However, the emergence of private rental housing platforms could have negative effects on some hotel markets. Finally, given the aging of the population, the profession will benefit from the anticipated growth in the nursing and residential care sector.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation service managers in Québec:
- Approximately 15,250 people work in this occupation.
- Accommodation service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 74%
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 16%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 89% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 11% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 63% of accommodation service managers work all year, while 37% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- 30% of accommodation service managers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Good Good|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Good Good|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Good Good|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Good Good|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Good Good|
|Côte-Nord Region||Good Good|
|Estrie Region||Good Good|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Good Good|
|Lanaudière Region||Good Good|
|Laurentides Region||Good Good|
|Laval Region||Good Good|
|Mauricie Region||Good Good|
|Montréal Region||Good Good|
|Montérégie Region||Good Good|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Good Good|
|Outaouais Region||Good Good|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: