Job prospects Accommodation Services Manager in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an accommodation services manager.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The employment outlook will be fair for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) in Newfoundland and Labrador for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation service managers in the Newfoundland and Labrador region:
- Approximately 750 people work in this occupation.
- Accommodation service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 79%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 91% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 9% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 53% of accommodation service managers work all year, while 47% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 24 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
- 38% of accommodation service managers are self-employed compared to an average of 6% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Newfoundland and Labrador by economic region.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||Good Good|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Fair Fair|
|South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accommodation service managers (NOC 0632) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: