Job description Instructor, First Aid in Canada
Other instructors teach courses, such as motor vehicle or motorcycle driving, sailing and navigation, sewing or other courses, which are outside of educational institutions. They are employed by driving schools, fabric retailers and other commercial establishments or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes modelling and finishing school instructors, drivers licence examiners, who are employed by provincial governments and tutors who provide instruction in elementary or secondary school subjects.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Driving instructors
- Instruct individuals on proper motor vehicle driving skills and traffic regulations
- Demonstrate and explain the handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles
- Supervise individuals during practice driving.
- Driver's licence examiners
- Conduct road test examinations
- Evaluate the driving ability of applicants for driver's licences.
- Sewing instructors
- Give instruction to students in techniques and skills of sewing, tailoring and dressmaking.
- Modelling and finishing school instructors
- Give instruction on comportment, personal development, make-up application and modelling techniques for fashion shows and magazine advertising.
- driving instructor
- driver's licence examiner
- instructor, modelling and finishing school
- sewing instructor - non-vocational
- motorcycle driving instructor
- Date modified: