I am looking to hire a caregiver for a private household. What should I do?

On Job Bank, private households are considered employers and must therefore register with Job Bank in the same manner as employers. To do so, you must first register your business with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

If you have only recently received your payroll account number from the CRA, Job Bank will ask you for a statement of account for current source deductions for this business; often known as a PD7A form. Be prepared to provide additional documents such as a phone bill that can confirm the telephone number and address of where the caregiver will be working.

Note: You can request a PD7A from the CRA even if you have not yet paid an employee to the payroll.

Was this answer helpful?  Yes  No

Thank you for your feedback.

Date modified: