Summary Bricklayer in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a bricklayer. The following information is applicable to all Bricklayers (NOC 7281).
Bricklayers lay bricks, concrete blocks, stone and other similar materials to construct or repair walls, arches, chimneys, fireplaces and other structures in accordance with blueprints and specifications. They are employed by construction companies and bricklaying contractors or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job outlook varies across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units
- Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations
- Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required
- Date modified: