Job requirements Construction Labourer And Helper near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a construction labourer and helper near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Construction trades helpers and labourers (NOC 7611).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Some experience as a general construction labourer may be required for construction trade helpers.
- Some pipeline workers, such as stabbers, mandrel operators and pre-heater tenders, usually require one season of experience in oil and gas pipeline construction.
- Flagmen/women may require a traffic control certificate.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|British Columbia||Construction Craft Worker||Regulated (voluntary)||Industry Training Authority British Columbia|
|Traffic Controller (flagger)||Regulated (voluntary)||BC Construction Safety Alliance|
List of Associations
Associations are organizations that may provide news to its members about networking events, professional development and other common issues for people working in the same industry.
|Vancouver Regional Construction Association||
3636 East 4th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5M1M3
Phone number 604 - 2943766
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: