Job requirements Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators Supervisor in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a public works maintenance equipment operators supervisor in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Completion of secondary school is usually required.
  • Several years of experience in the occupation supervised is required.
  • Journeyman/woman trade certification in a relevant trade may be required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Alberta Industrial Construction Crew Supervisor Regulated Apprenticeship and Industry Training Office, Government of Alberta
Private Sewage System Installer Regulated Alberta Municipal Affairs, Safety Services, Government of Alberta
British Columbia Sewerage System Installer (on-site/private) Regulated Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia
Ontario Certified Road Supervisor Regulated Association of Ontario Road Supervisors
Well Contractor Regulated Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, Government of Ontario

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Date modified: