Job description Foundry Worker near Lévis (QC)
Find out what work is like for a foundry worker in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Foundry workers (NOC 9412).
Foundry workers make foundry moulds and cores by hand or machine, cast molten metal, and operate furnaces in the foundry industry. They are employed by metal foundries and foundry departments of metal products manufacturing companies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Manual mouldmakers
- Make and repair sand moulds using patterns, moulding boxes, sand and hand tools following bench, floor or pit moulding methods; operate ovens to dry moulds; may pour molten metal into moulds to produce metal castings.
- Manual coremakers
- Make cores for use inside moulds to form holes or void spaces in castings using core boxes, sand, hammer and wire or other reinforcing material; coat cores with protective materials and bake cores in oven.
- Machine mouldmakers and coremakers
- Set up, adjust and operate various mouldmaking and coremaking machines to make sand and ceramics moulds and cores.
- Metal casters
- Set up and operate various casting machines to cast ferrous and non-ferrous metal products; hand ladle and pour molten metal into moulds to produce castings.
- Foundry furnace operators
- Operate furnaces used to melt metals for moulding and casting.
- ceramic mouldmaker
- foundry worker
- furnace operator - foundry
- machine coremaker
- sand coremaker
- manual moulder
- melter - foundry
- bench moulder
- metal caster
- casting machine operator
- pit moulder
- sand moulder
- die-casting machine operator
- Supervisors, mineral and metal processing
- Labourers in mineral and metal processing
- Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing
- Date modified: