Can I write my own job description when creating my job posting?
No. You cannot write your own job description. In order to offer free, fast and bilingual services to clients, Job Bank does not allow the use of free text.
However, Job Bank makes it easy for you to create job postings by providing you with pre-defined options. If you are unable to find a particular job title, skill or requirement, there are other options available. You can try these:
- Create a job posting using the job title that best describes the tasks and duties of the future employee.
- Use the option “Additional job requirements”.
- At “Step 4: Skills” of the job creation you’ll find various job requirements associated with your job title;
- Scroll down to the “Additional job requirements” section.
- Enter keywords in the search field and select from the auto-generated options. You can search for skills, credentials, work setting details, etc.
- Include a link to an external website to provide more information about the position.
- At “Step 4: Skills” of the job creation you’ll have the option to insert a link.
- Scroll down to the ‘’Job link’’ section.
- Enter the link that includes the additional description.
You can send us your suggestions by clicking on the appropriate box located below some sections when creating a job posting. Those suggestions will not appear right away but may be available in the future.
Note: If we notice inconsistencies between the link to an external website added and the job posting created on Job Bank, you may be contacted by a Job Bank officer to clarify the information before the job is advertised.
- I can’t find the job title that I want to display on my job posting. What should I do?
- What are the rules to post on Job Bank?
- Can I advertise self-employment opportunities?
- Why was my job posting declined?
- How do I create a job posting?
- How do I modify or edit my job posting?
- Why does my job posting status show "Pending"?
- Do I have to pay to advertise my job postings on Job Bank?
- How do I extend my job posting?
- Can I write my own job description when creating my job posting?
- How do I copy my job posting?
- Date modified: