Summary Crusher Operator - Underground Mining near Sudbury (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a crusher operator - underground mining. The following information is applicable to all Underground mine service and support workers (NOC 8411).
Underground mine service and support workers perform a range of duties related to the operation of orepasses, chutes and conveyor systems, the construction and support of underground structures, passages and roadways, and the supply of materials and supplies to support underground mining. They are employed by coal, metal and non-metallic mineral mines.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job outlook is fair in the Northeast Region
advertised in Ontario
- Operate and maintain ore chutes or conveyor systems
- Operate construction equipment to build and maintain underground passages and haulageways
- Construct and repair wood or metal supports and structures
- Attach and extend ventilation and water pipes and related mine services
- Assist miners in setting up and operating drilling and other mining machinery
- Date modified: