Summary Aircraft Rotary Mechanical Systems Technician near Sudbury (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as an aircraft rotary mechanical systems technician. The following information is applicable to all Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors (NOC 7315).
Aircraft mechanics maintain, repair, overhaul, modify and test aircraft structural, mechanical and hydraulic systems. Aircraft inspectors inspect aircraft and aircraft systems following manufacture, modification, maintenance, repair or overhaul. Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors are employed by aircraft manufacturing, maintenance, repair and overhaul establishments, and by airlines and other aircraft operators.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Northeast Region
The job outlook is good in the Northeast Region
advertised in Ontario
- Inspect structural and mechanical systems of aircraft and ensure that these systems meet Transport Canada and company standards of performance and safety
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, repair and overhaul to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
- Maintain detailed repair, inspection and certification records and reports
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing modification of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
- Troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures
- Date modified: