Summary Weigh Station Operator - By-law Enforcement near Port Hawkesbury (NS)
Find key facts and figures about working as a weigh station operator - by-law enforcement. The following information is applicable to all By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers, n.e.c. (NOC 4423).
By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers enforce by-laws and regulations of provincial and municipal governments. They are employed by provincial and municipal governments and agencies.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Nova Scotia
The job prospects are fair in Nova Scotia
advertised in Nova Scotia
- Respond to citizen complaints concerning stray domestic animals, livestock and wildlife; issue warnings and citations to owners; and impound lost, homeless and dangerous animals
- Enforce municipal and provincial regulations, investigate complaints, and issue warnings and citations to commercial and residential property owners and occupants
- Inspect commercial vehicles to ensure compliance with regulations governing load restrictions, the transportation of hazardous materials and public safety
- Investigate complaints concerning infractions of garbage collection by-laws
- Conduct inspections of licensed establishments, advise licencees on laws and regulations, and report contravention of laws and regulations to provincial liquor control boards and agencies
- Date modified: