Summary Bricklayer in British Columbia
Find key facts and figures about working as a bricklayer. The following information is applicable to all Bricklayers (NOC 7281).
Bricklayers lay bricks, concrete blocks, stone and other similar materials to construct or repair walls, arches, chimneys, fireplaces and other structures in accordance with blueprints and specifications. They are employed by construction companies and bricklaying contractors or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job prospects are fair in British Columbia
advertised in British Columbia
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units
- Estimate materials, labour, tools and equipment
- Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Date modified: