Summary Bricklayer near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a bricklayer. The following information is applicable to all Bricklayers (NOC 72320).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Bricklayers lay bricks, concrete blocks, stone and other similar materials to construct or repair walls, arches, chimneys, fireplaces and other structures in accordance with blueprints and specifications. They are employed by construction companies and bricklaying contractors or they may be self-employed. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are fair in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units
- Estimate materials, labour, tools and equipment
- Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Date modified: