Summary Bricklayer near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a bricklayer. The following information is applicable to all Bricklayers (NOC 7281).
Bricklayers lay bricks, concrete blocks, stone and other similar materials to construct or repair walls, arches, chimneys, fireplaces and other structures in accordance with blueprints and specifications. They are employed by construction companies and bricklaying contractors or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are fair in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
- Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks
- Lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
- Date modified: