Summary Microprocessor Designer And Application Engineer near Montréal (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a microprocessor designer and application engineer. The following information is applicable to all Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (NOC 2147).
Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) research, plan, design, develop, modify, evaluate and integrate computer and telecommunications hardware and related equipment, and information and communication system networks including mainframe systems, local and wide area networks, fibre-optic networks, wireless communication networks, intranets, the Internet and other data communications systems. They are employed by computer and telecommunication hardware manufacturers, by engineering, manufacturing and telecommunications firms, in information technology consulting firms, by governmental, educational and research institutions and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Montréal Region
The job outlook is good in the Montréal Region
advertised near Montréal (QC)
- Analyze user's requirements, and design and develop system architecture and specifications
- Research, design, develop and integrate computer and telecommunications hardware
- Develop and conduct design verification simulations and prototype bench tests of components
- Supervise, inspect and provide design support during the manufacturing, installation and implementation of computer and telecommunications hardware
- Lead and co-ordinate teams of engineers, technologists, technicians and drafters in the design and development of computer and telecommunications hardware
- Date modified: