Summary Ultrasonic Technician - Non-destructive Testing near Edmonton (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as an ultrasonic technician - non-destructive testing. The following information is applicable to all Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians (NOC 2261).
Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians operate radiographic, ultrasonic, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current and similar testing equipment to detect discontinuities in objects of various compositions and materials. They are employed by quality control, maintenance and safety departments of manufacturing, processing, transportation, energy and other companies and by private industrial inspection establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Edmonton Region
The job prospects are fair in the Edmonton Region
advertised near Edmonton (AB)
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect defects
- Establish NDI techniques and calibration standards
- Set up and operate radiographic equipment
- Develop and interpret radiographic film
- Calibrate, test and interpret ultrasonic equipment
- Date modified: