Summary Osteopathic Manual Practitioner in the Red Deer Region
Find key facts and figures about working as an osteopathic manual practitioner. The following information is applicable to all Other practitioners of natural healing (NOC 32209).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Practitioners of natural healing provide health care to patients using various forms of treatment including herbology, reflexology or relaxation techniques to promote, maintain and restore the holistic health of patients. They usually work in private practice, including group or team practices, or are employed by clinics, health clubs and spas.
Learn more about osteopathic manual practitioner
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in Alberta
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised in Alberta
View available jobs about Jobs
- Diagnose the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients and treat them
- Advise patients on the use of herbs for the treatment of conditions
- Diagnose illnesses and treat them by administering, in chemical or herbal form, a small dosage of the illness itself
- Manipulate or apply pressure to various parts of the body, hands and feet
- Provide other alternative forms of health care to patients
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: