Summary Greaser, Engine Room near Gaspé (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a greaser, engine room. The following information is applicable to all Water transport deck and engine room crew (NOC 7532).
Water transport deck and engine room crew stand watch, operate and maintain deck equipment, perform other deck and bridge duties and assist ship engineer officers to operate, maintain and repair engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships or self-propelled vessels. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The job outlook varies across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Québec
- Monitor engine, machinery and equipment indicators
- Operate and maintain off-loading liquid pumps and valves
- Lubricate moving parts of engine, machinery and auxiliary equipment
- Handle mooring lines, and splice and repair ropes, wire cables and cordage
- Clean, chip and paint deck surfaces
- Date modified: