Summary Massage Therapist (MT) near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a massage therapist (MT). The following information is applicable to all Massage therapists (NOC 3236).
Massage therapists assess soft tissues and joints of the body for treatment and prevention of dysfunction, injury, pain and physical disorders. They work in private practice, including group or team practices, hospitals, clinics, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres and educational institutions.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are good in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Maintain records of treatments given
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body
- Administer massage techniques through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Date modified: