Summary General Manager - Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation And Construction near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a general manager - goods production, utilities, transportation and construction. The following information is applicable to all Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities (NOC 0016).
Senior managers in construction, transportation, production and utilities plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the overall operations of goods production, utility, transportation and construction companies. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with other members of a board of directors. They work in establishments throughout the following industries: fishing, forestry, logging and agriculture; mining, oil and gas extraction; construction; transportation and warehousing; printing; manufacturing; and utilities or they may own and operate their own business.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job outlook varies across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions
- Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions
- Establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning
- Date modified: