Summary Social Worker near Rouyn-Noranda (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a social worker. The following information is applicable to all Social workers (NOC 4152).
Social workers help individuals, couples, families, groups, communities and organizations develop the skills and resources they need to enhance social functioning and provide counselling, therapy and referral to other supportive social services. Social workers also respond to other social needs and issues such as unemployment, racism and poverty. They are employed by hospitals, school boards, social service agencies, child welfare organizations, correctional facilities, community agencies, employee assistance programs and Aboriginal band councils, or they may work in private practice.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The job prospects are fair in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
advertised near Rouyn-Noranda (QC)
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required and eligibility
- Provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems
- Plan programs of assistance for clients
- Refer clients to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment and other services
- Investigate cases of child abuse or neglect and take authorized protective action when necessary
- Date modified: