Summary Planner, Urban And Regional near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a planner, urban and regional. The following information is applicable to all Urban and land use planners (NOC 2153).
Urban and land use planners develop plans and recommend policies for managing land use, physical facilities and associated services for urban and rural areas and remote regions. They are employed by all levels of government, land developers, engineering and other consulting companies, or may work as private consultants.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job outlook is fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Compile and analyze data on factors affecting land use
- Confer with appropriate authorities and interest groups to formulate and develop land use or community plans
- Prepare and recommend land development concepts and plans for zoning, subdivisions, transportation, public utilities, community facilities, parks, agricultural and other land uses
- Prepare plans for environmental protection
- Present plans to civic, rural and regional authorities and hold public meetings
- Date modified: