Summary Civil Engineer near Ottawa (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a civil engineer. The following information is applicable to all Civil engineers (NOC 2131).
Civil engineers plan, design, develop and manage projects for the construction or repair of buildings, earth structures, powerhouses, roads, airports, railways, rapid transit facilities, bridges, tunnels, canals, dams, ports and coastal installations and systems related to highway and transportation services, water distribution and sanitation. They may also specialize in foundation analysis, building and structural inspection, surveying, geomatics and municipal planning. They are employed by engineering consulting companies, in all levels of government, by construction firms and in many other industries, or they may be self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Ottawa Region
The job outlook is fair in the Ottawa Region
advertised near Ottawa (ON)
- Develop construction specifications and procedures
- Conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological or other information and prepare reports
- Conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies or other investigations
- Monitor air, water and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up contaminated sites
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules
- Date modified: