Summary Transportation Manager near Calgary (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a transportation manager. The following information is applicable to all Managers in transportation (NOC 0731).
Managers in transportation operations plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of transportation companies such as railways, airlines, bus lines, municipal transit systems, shipping lines and trucking companies, under the direction of a general manager or another senior manager. Managers in transportation freight traffic plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate companies or departments responsible for the transportation and movement of goods, under the direction of a general manager or another senior manager. They are employed by transportation, freight forwarding and shipping companies and by transportation departments of companies in retail and manufacturing sectors and utilities.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Calgary Region
The job outlook is fair in the Calgary Region
advertised in Alberta
- Arrange for shipping documentation and the tracking and tracing of goods in transit
- Monitor company's or department's performance, prepare reports for senior management, and plan for changes to schedules and policies
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Establish and implement policies and standards for the transportation and storage of goods
- Oversee the scheduling and dispatching of vehicles and goods
- Date modified: