Summary Drywall Installer And Finisher Apprentice near Edmonton (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a drywall installer and finisher apprentice. The following information is applicable to all Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers (NOC 7284).
Plasterers apply finish, and maintain and restore plaster or similar materials, on interior and exterior walls, ceilings and building partitions to produce plain or decorative surfaces. Drywall installers and finishers install and finish drywall sheets and various types of ceiling systems. Lathers install support framework for ceiling systems, interior and exterior walls and building partitions. They are employed by construction companies and by plastering, drywalling and lathing contractors, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Edmonton Region
The job outlook is limited in the Edmonton Region
advertised near Edmonton (AB)
- Spray acoustic or texture materials over walls and ceilings
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Date modified: