Summary Installer, Sprinklers And Fire Protection Systems near Lévis (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an installer, sprinklers and fire protection systems. The following information is applicable to all Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers (NOC 7252).
Steamfitters and pipefitters lay out, assemble, fabricate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair piping systems carrying water, steam, chemicals and fuel in heating, cooling, lubricating and other process piping systems. Sprinkler system installers fabricate, install, test, maintain and repair water, foam, carbon dioxide and dry chemical sprinkler systems in buildings for fire protection purposes. Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers are employed in maintenance departments of factories, plants and similar establishments, and by pipefitting and sprinkler system contractors, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The job prospects are limited in Québec
advertised near Lévis (QC)
- Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
- Select type and size of pipe required
- Date modified: