Summary Woodworking Machine Operator near Kingston (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a woodworking machine operator. The following information is applicable to all Woodworking machine operators (NOC 9437).
Woodworking machine operators set up, program and operate one or more woodworking machines to fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures or other wood products. They are employed in furniture, fixture and other wood products manufacturing establishments.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job outlook is fair in Ontario
advertised in Ontario
- Set up, program and operate one or more computerized or manual woodworking machines
- Fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures and other wood products
- Operate gluing machines to glue pieces or wood together or press and affix wood veneer to wood surfaces
- Operate preset special purpose woodworking machines to fabricate wood products
- Read and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions
- Date modified: