Summary Taxi Dispatcher near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a taxi dispatcher. The following information is applicable to all Dispatchers (NOC 1525).
Dispatchers operate radios and other telecommunication equipment to dispatch emergency vehicles and to co-ordinate the activities of drivers and other personnel. They are employed by police, fire and health departments, other emergency service agencies, taxi, delivery and courier services, trucking and utilities companies, and other commercial and industrial establishments.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Communicate with ships, aircraft and other remote operations
- Knowledge of cross border dispatching regulations and practices
- Schedule assignments and co-ordinate activities of vehicle operators, crews and equipment
- Record mileage, fuel use, repairs and other expenses
- Receive requests for emergency assistance or service
- Date modified: