Summary Tilesetter in British Columbia
Find key facts and figures about working as a tilesetter. The following information is applicable to all Tilesetters (NOC 7283).
Tilesetters cover interior and exterior walls, floors and ceilings with ceramic, marble and quarry tile, mosaics or terrazzo. They are employed by construction companies and masonry contractors, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job outlook is good in British Columbia
advertised in British Columbia
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Align and straighten tiles
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Date modified: