Summary Tilesetter near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a tilesetter. The following information is applicable to all Tilesetters (NOC 73101).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Tilesetters cover interior and exterior walls, floors and ceilings with ceramic, marble and quarry tile, mosaics or terrazzo. They are employed by construction companies and masonry contractors, or they may be self-employed. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
Post-secondary or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of less than 2 years, or more than 6 months of on-the-job training.
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are fair in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Prepare rough plans and sketches
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Align and straighten tiles
- Date modified: