Summary Broadcast Technician near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a broadcast technician. The following information is applicable to all Broadcast technicians (NOC 5224).
Broadcast technicians install, set up, test, operate and repair electronic equipment used to record and transmit live and taped radio and television programs and to produce audio and video streaming broadcasts for the Internet. They are employed by radio and television broadcasting networks and stations, by broadcast equipment companies and by Internet-based communication providers.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job outlook is limited in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Monitor broadcast quality of live or taped radio and television programs
- Operate and monitor radio and television broadcasting systems to broadcast, receive signals and to regulate clarity and range of sounds and colours of recordings or broadcasts
- Make emergency repairs to equipment
- Set up and operate consoles to pick up and select feed sources from different locations
- Maintain, install and troubleshoot a wide variety of broadcast hardware and software
- Date modified: