Summary Finance Director in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a finance director. The following information is applicable to all Financial managers (NOC 0111).
Financial managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of financial and accounting departments. They develop and implement the financial policies and systems of establishments. Financial managers establish performance standards and prepare various financial reports for senior management. They are employed in financial and accounting departments in companies throughout the private sector and in government.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Plan and control budget and expenditures
- Establish and implement policies and procedures
- Train, direct and motivate staff
- Assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs
- Design and manage investment strategies
- Date modified: