Summary Chairman/woman - Financial, Communications And Other Business Services in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a chairman/woman - financial, communications and other business services. The following information is applicable to all Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services (NOC 0013).
Senior managers in financial, communications and other business services are usually appointed by a board of directors, to which they report. They work either alone or in conjunction with the board of directors to develop and establish objectives for the company, and to develop or approve policies and programs. They plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the operations of their organization in relation to established objectives. They work in establishments throughout the telecommunications, finance, insurance, real estate, and data processing, hosting and related services industries as well as other business service industries or they may own and operate their own business.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions
- Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions
- Date modified: