Summary Foundry Worker near Lévis (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a foundry worker. The following information is applicable to all Foundry workers (NOC 9412).
Foundry workers make foundry moulds and cores by hand or machine, cast molten metal, and operate furnaces in the foundry industry. They are employed by metal foundries and foundry departments of metal products manufacturing companies.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Lévis (QC)
- Make sand moulds using patterns, moulding boxes, sand and hand tools following bench, floor or pit moulding methods
- Operate ovens to dry moulds
- Pour molten metal into moulds to produce metal castings
- Make cores for use in moulds to form holes or void spaces in castings
- Coat cores with protective materials and bake cores in ovens
- Date modified: