Skills Massage Therapist (MT) near Calgary (AB)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a massage therapist (MT) in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Massage therapists (NOC 3236).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Maintain records of treatments given
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body
- Administer massage techniques through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques
- Date modified: