Skills Transportation Manager near Calgary (AB)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a transportation manager in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Managers in transportation (NOC 0731).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Arrange for shipping documentation and the tracking and tracing of goods in transit
- Monitor company's or department's performance, prepare reports for senior management, and plan for changes to schedules and policies
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Establish and implement policies and standards for the transportation and storage of goods
- Oversee the scheduling and dispatching of vehicles and goods
- Negotiate for services and preferential rates
- Ensure transport compliance with regulations
- Oversee the setting of transportation service rates and monitor revenue
- Date modified: