Skills Garment Repair Seamstress near Terrebonne (QC)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a garment repair seamstress in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners (NOC 6342).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Make made-to-measure garments according to customer and manufacturing specifications
- Fit, alter and repair garments as required
- Lay out, cut, sew and press materials to make hats
- Make, alter or re-style fur garments and accessories
- Operate sewing machines or sew by hand
- Select and modify commercial patterns to customers' and clothing manufacturers' specifications and fit
- Design patterns to fit measurements
- Mark, cut and sew fabric
Skills and knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
Help - Building
- Restoring and Repairing
Help - Analysis
- Analyzing Information
Help - Communication
- Advising and Consulting
Help - Information Handling
- Processing Information
Help - Creative Expression
- Date modified: