Skills Fruits And Vegetables Manager - Retail in the Red Deer Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "fruits and vegetables manager - retail" was moved from the group Retail and wholesale trade managers (NOC 0621) to the group Retail and wholesale trade managers (NOC 60020).
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a fruits and vegetables manager - retail in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Retail and wholesale trade managers (NOC 60020).
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold
- Implement price and credits policies
- Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Plan budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Determine staffing requirements
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Business, Finance and Management Help -
- Business Administration
- Client Service
- Date modified: