Skills Assistant Financial Analyst in Alberta
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an assistant financial analyst in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Analyze investment projects
- Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio
- Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance
- Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management
- Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets
- Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios
- Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender
- Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefings notes and correspondence
- Examine and analyze financial and investment information (profiles of companies, stock or bond prices, yields and future trends)
- Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments
- Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
Skills and knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
Business, Finance and Management
Help - Business, Finance and Management
- Business Administration
- Date modified: