Job requirements Aircraft Rotary Mechanical Systems Technician near Ottawa (ON)
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A college diploma in aircraft maintenance or Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program is usually required.
- Several years of on-the-job training are required for aircraft mechanics.
- Aircraft mechanics and inspectors who sign maintenance releases and certify airworthiness require an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's (AME) licence issued by Transport Canada.
- Trade certification for aircraft maintenance engineers is available, but voluntary, in Ontario, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Trade certification for aircraft structural technicians is available, but voluntary, in British Columbia.
- Industry certification from the Canadian Aviation Maintenance Council for some occupations in this unit group is available, but voluntary.
- Aircraft inspectors require several years of experience as an aircraft mechanic.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Canada||Aircraft Maintenance Engineer||Regulated (compulsory)||Transport Canada, Government of Canada||Canada||Aircraft Maintenance Journeyperson||Regulated (compulsory)||Transport Canada, Government of Canada|
|Ontario||Composite Structures Technician||Regulated (voluntary)||Ontario College of Trades|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: