Job requirements Snowmobile Operations Guide near Vancouver (BC)

Find out what you typically need to work as a snowmobile operations guide near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Outdoor sport and recreational guides (NOC 6532).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Knowledge of a particular terrain or body of water, demonstrated ability in the guided activity and relevant licences are required for employment in this group.
  • Hot air balloon pilots require completion of 10 hours of ground school, 16 hours of pilot-in-command experience and a Balloon Pilot Licence issued by Transport Canada.
  • Certification in first aid and CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) may be required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.

  • If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
  • If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.

Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Canada Balloon Pilot Regulated (compulsory) Transport Canada, Government of Canada
British Columbia Angling Guide Regulated (compulsory) Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource of British Columbia
Guide Outfitter Regulated (compulsory) Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource of British Columbia
Outdoor Sports And Recreational Guides Regulated (compulsory) British Columbia Ministry of Environment, Fish and Wildlife Branch
Tidal Angling Guide Regulated (voluntary) Industry Training Authority British Columbia

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: