Job requirements Business Aircraft Interior Designer near Vancouver (BC)
This is what you typically need for the job.Interior designers
- A university degree or college diploma in interior design is usually required.
- The National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) examination may be required after six years of combined study and experience.
- Certification by a provincial institute or association is required to use the designation Interior Design Consultant (IDC) in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
- A college certificate or diploma in interior decoration is usually required.
- Membership in the Canadian Decorators' Association is available to qualified decorators.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: